Saturday, February 27, 2016

Wright Way Animal Rescue



     Hey, guys. So, it's 15:51 military standard time. I just came back from my first visit to the new Wright Way Rescue Clinic in Morton Grove. OMG, I totally fell in love with all of the dogs there. This past summer, my family and I won a basket of goods from the local farmer's market, and some of the stuff in the basket was dog and cat food. Since we have neither, we decided to donate it to Wright Way. So, we were passing by it today and we decided to stop in. OMG, it was incredible how they went from the previous place( as shown in the picture below with the school bus) to the brand-new and scaled-up facility. I felt so bad about 'teasing' the dogs, because I knew that I couldn't take anyone home! I seriously dislike doing that. It feels....immoral...somehow. 
     While we were there, I noticed some paper taped on the wall. When I read it, I realized that these were the new dogs and cats that were coming in. I loved one of them straightaway. The picture below looks a little like it. I also fell in love with another one or two in the facility. One of the dogs' names was Gabrielle. It's a beautiful name. Reminds me of Xena. I actually said that I wouldn't mind having a dog named Gabrielle, or Xena. Sorry, but if you didn't know by now, I am a HUGE fangirl. Like, seriously. And one of my favorite TV shows is from 1995- Xena: Warrior Princess. But, I digress.             The dogs were soooo adoorrrable! If I could adopt one today, I would have. But, really. I love pets, but my mom is allergic to cats, so we're not allowed one....so a dog will have to do (who can resist them, though?)! I want to volunteer at Wright Way over the summer, so I can spend more time there, but anyone under 18 needs an adult to volunteer with them. Let's see if I can, since my mom is the one that's home because my dad works during the day. =) There's always hope.....

SOOOO....well. That's it for me, then. Hopefully I can volunteer with my mom and my sister. 
Back to finishing homework and watching movies, or something. Speaking of movies, I just saw the Martian with Matt Damon. Oh well, no time now. I'll tell you about it next time, or something.
     Ciao!
~Rey Black

1 comment:

  1. I love that you visited a pet shelter, Jackie. And don't worry ~ I'm pretty sure the dogs are 100% happy that you are playing with them and they have 0% ill will toward any visitor ~ whether or not you take one home or not. :)

    ReplyDelete