Friday, January 29, 2016

FOOOOOOOODODDDD!!! *insert Jazz hands**Yeah!*

 This post is all about-you guessed it-FOOD! Food, food, glorious food! How easily the teenage mind turns to food, right? Hey, I'm 14, I'm allowed to think that way. 
        One of my favorite all time memories is when I was younger, between KDG, and 4th grade. Every Sunday morning, my Dad, my sister, and I would make pancakes. Preferably chocolate chip, or blueberry. So, my dad would teach us how to mix the batter from scratch, and how to use the griddle, and flip. I used to be so scared of the stove top, but my dad cured that, and I'm now cooking full meals, like eggs for the breakfast, or burgers for dinner( when my mom lets me).   After all of the batter was used, we brought everything to the table, like all of the condiments.Then, we would load them up, and have a wonderful breakfast.I just remember the fun and family bonding time that we had, and I really miss that. We just got so busy with sports and homework as we got older that we just haven't done it anymore, and I really miss that. Now, it's just a quick scrambled eggs, or omelet for breakfast, and my sister and I do it without our dad. It's just not the same. But, on Christmas, we made eggnog pancakes for breakfast after opening presents. They were deliciously amazing. It sounds really weird, but the really were good. Who doesn't love eggnog? It's a holiday tradition!



Every Thanksgiving, my mom makes the most wonderful green bean casserole. I remember when I was younger, that was the only way that I would eat green beans. It was my favorite food, other than mac& cheese. Green bean casserole still is my favorite food. I guess that I grew up...no more mac&cheese. I can make it on my own now. This past Thanksgiving, I helped my mom make it. It was really fun. My favorite part is when we put the fried onions on the top and in it, to give it a little crunch...and a little snack for the chefs that made it. It is one of my favorite things to eat over the holidays, or even just anytime. I love it!




My favorite restaurant in the entire world was extended-family owned. It was called Bogey's. It was a barn before it was remodeled into a restaurant. It was my favorite place to go for dinner, I went every year for my birthday.  Since we knew the owners, they always knew when we were there, so they always gave us a giant cookie cake for dessert. One of my favorite memories was when my family had  a surprise party for me there. It was so much fun.. I had no idea that it was coming. =) A few years later, we did one there for my mom. It was after my sister's karate tournament. She- and I for a few years- did ISKC- Illinois Shotokan Karate Club,  since we were 5. Now, she is a full-fledged black belt. She kicks butt! Seriously. She's really good. I took it since I was five, but I only did it for a couple years. It really wasn't for me.....but I digress. We had my mom's party there, and a few years later it closed. I'm still really sad about that. But, still, that remains to this day my favorite restaurant. I'm really sad it's gone, but I'm really glad that I have those memories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment