Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Summing Up New Years =)



     Summing up 2015, I could only use the word wonderful. I mean it. Seventh grade for me was a wonderful year. Shout out t one of my teachers-Mr. G!- for those wonderful  Flipper Fridays and fun units on Animal Cruelty, The Twilight Zone, 12 Angry Men, and all of the rest. Thank you so much! The next word I would describe it as magical. My family came from Arizona during the summer, and I got my tonsils out. My aunt loves to go antiquing, so we went into so many small shops. I also made many wonderful memories with my friends during the year, especially on Halloween. He, he Blues Brother.  Anyway, the beginning of my 8th grade year couldn't have been better.
     If I had to describe 2016, I would say it would be 'Amazing Learning'. I would love to finish one of my story ideas, and draw pictures to match. I'm not half bad, if I do say so. And this new year is going to be one of amazing learning. Amazing because I feel like I'm really growing up and becoming more of my own person, and because I'm finally graduating 8th grade. I never thought I'd make it for some reason. I can still remember my first day of KDG. Weird, how time seems to fly. And learning because you never stop learning, especially as you get older. Outside of school, you learn more about life and culture. School teaches you some things about life and culture, but some things you have to find out for yourself.
     In 2016, I really want to spend more time with my family, writing out my story ideas( I have quite a few), and training for basketball. I got a basketball hoop for Hanukkah, and a basketball last year for Christmas. I can't wait to get started training. Me playing basketball is kind of funny, actually. I am 4'11.75".  I think I'm actually the shortest girl in my grade. I play hard ball. Don't mess around with me, my defense is spot on. I think that the only way that I can make the team next year is if I can be a point guard ( dribbler). I can shoot 3's, and beat everyone down the court. I just have to work  on my dribbling skills....I think I have a chance. I have all summer to practice, right? Voice of optimism!
     I hope that I end up writing my story- or at least one of them- by the end of next year. But hey, genius can't EVER BE RUSHED!! EVER!
     We'll see. You never know. I might even be published.

                                             Ciao!
                                      ~Padfoot
p.s. check out www.pottermore.com. I know this has nothing to do with the New Year, but trust me on this. All of you Harry Potter fans will love it!

4 comments: